My AP Top 25 Poll
1. Ohio State (20-0) *1 – The Buckeyes pounded Iowa and then went on the road for their biggest win of the year, a 73-68 victory against Illinois in which Jared Sullinger went for 27 points and 16 boards.
2. San Diego State (20-0) *3 – D.J. Gay had 20 points in a 68-55 win against Air Force that kept the Aztecs unbeaten.
3. Pittsburgh (19-1) *4 – The Panthers beat Syracuse at home early in the week and then pounded DePaul.
4. UConn (16-2) *7 – The Huskies got a game-winning bucket from Kemba Walker to beat Villanova at home early in the week and then Walker got some help in another home win on Saturday against Tennessee.
5. Duke (18-1) *5 – The Blue Devils got 22 points from Nolan Smith in a road win at N.C. State and Kyle Singler had 24 in a win over Wake Forest.
6. Texas (16-3) *8 – The Longhorns pounded Texas A&M in Austin and then pulled off the road win against Kansas over the weekend to snap the Jayhawks 69-game home winning streak.
7. Kansas (18-1) *2 – The Jayhawks pounded Baylor early in the week and then saw their 69-game home winning streak come to an end against Texas. Freshman Josh Selby had just four points in the loss.
8. Villanova (17-2) *12 – The Wildcats lost on the road to UConn, but bounced back with a huge road win in the Carrier Dome against Syracuse.
9. Syracuse (18-2) *6 – The Orange lost at Pittsburgh without Kris Joseph and, despite Joseph’s return and 23 points, dropped another one at home to Villanova.
10. BYU (19-1) *10 – The Jimmer went for 21 against TCU and had 42 in a win at Colorado State.
11. Notre Dame (16-4) *13 – The Irish took care of Cincinnati and Marquette in South Bend.
12. Texas A&M (17-2) *11 – The Aggies rebounded from a road loss to Texas with a 64-56 victory over Kansas State.
13. Wisconsin (15-4) *14 – The Badgers beat Indiana and pounded Northwestern on the road.
14. Purdue (17-3) *23 – The Boilermakers beat Penn State and Michigan State in West Lafayette.
15. Missouri (17-3) *15 – The Tigers beat Kansas State and Iowa State this past week.
16. Georgetown (14-5) *25 – The Hoyas won their only game of the week on the road against Seton Hall.
17. Kentucky (15-4) *9 – The Wildcats were upset in Tuscaloosa to Alabama before bouncing back with a win against South Carolina.
18. Illinois (14-6) *21 – The Illini beat Michigan State at home and then lost a close one to No. 1 Ohio State.
19. Minnesota (15-4) *16 – The Gophers beat Michigan in Ann Arbor despite being without starting point guard Al Nolen (ankle) for most of the game.
20. Florida (15-4) *NR – The Gators didn’t do anything special with a road win at Auburn and a home rout over Arkansas, but they make their way back due to other teams in the back half of the poll losing.
21. Washington (15-4) *NR – The Huskies jump back in after a home sweep of the Arizona schools.
22. Michigan State (12-7) *18 – The Spartans lost a pair of road contests to Illinois and Purdue, but remain in due to strength of schedule and wins against Washington, Wisconsin and Minnesota.
23. Vanderbilt (14-4) *NR – The Commodores jump back into the poll by virtue of home wins over Ole Miss and Saint Mary’s.
24. Florida State (15-5) *NR – The Seminoles beat Miami on the road and then took care of Boston College in Tallahassee.
25. Arizona (16-4) *NR – The Wildcats lost on the road to Washington, but knocked off Washington State in Pullman.
Dropped Out: No. 17 Gonzaga (13-7); No. 19 Temple (13-5); No. 20 Saint Mary’s (17-3); No. 22 West Virginia (13-5); No. 24 Georgia