Here’s my updated AP Top 25 Poll (as long as Duke beats Miami tonight):
1. Duke (13-0) *1 – The Blue Devils have won all five games with Kyrie Irving on the sideline – the latest wins against UNC Greensboro and Miami on Sunday night.
2. Ohio State (14-0) *2 – William Buford had 24, Jared Sullinger finished with 19 points and nine boards and Jon Diebler made all five of his 3-point shots in an easy win over Indiana.
3. Kansas (13-0) *3 – Thomas Robinson started in place of Marcus Morris in the rout over UT Arlington and responded with 20 points and 10 boards. The Jayhawks also took care of Miami (Ohio) on Sunday night.
4. San Diego State (15-0) *4 – The Aztecs beat Occidental. Seriously, Occidental. However, Steve Fisher’s team has a road win against Gonzaga and victories at home over Saint Mary’s and Wichita State on its resume.
5. Syracuse (15-0) *5 – Jim Boeheim’s team beat Providence and Notre Dame at the Carrier Dome to start Big East play. The Orange still haven’t played a game outside of New York or New Jersey.
6. Pittsburgh (13-1) *7 – The Panthers were off this past week. Jamie Dixon’s team is led by Ashton Gibbs, who is averaging 16.8 points per game and shooting 45 percent from beyond the arc.
7. UConn (11-1) *8 – The Huskies were pushed to overtime at home against South Florida, but avoided the upset as Kemba Walker had 24 points, eight rebounds and four assists.
8. Missouri (13-1) *9 – Marcus Denmon scored 22 points and knocked down five 3-pointers as Mizzou cruised past a tough Old Dominion team.
9. Villanova (12-1) *10 – The Wildcats held off Temple at home and then avoided a scare against Rutgers with a second-half surge.
10. Georgetown (12-2) *6 – The Hoyas came up short in South Bend against Notre Dame before the guard trio of Austin Freeman, Jason Clark and Chris Wright combined for 59 points in a win against DePaul.
11. Texas (11-2) *12 – The Longhorns got 24 points and seven rebounds from Jordan Hamilton in an east win over Coppin State.
12. Kentucky (11-2) *13 – The Wildcats routed Coppin State and then cruised past rival Louisville with big man Josh Harrellson having a career-game with 23 points and 14 rebounds.
13. Notre Dame (12-2) *14 – The Irish took care of business in South Bend with a win against Georgetown, but lost to Syracuse in the Carrier Dome on Saturday.
14. Central Florida (13-0) *15 – The Knights get two more wins to remain one of seven unbeatens left in the country. Marcus Jordan, whose been battling an ankle injury, had 26 in a win over Princeton. Donnie Jones’ team also knocked off Furman.
15. Texas A&M (12-1) *16 – The Aggies have quietly won nine straight with a 66-57 victory over McNeese State.
16. BYU (14-1) *17 – JImmer Fredette scored 28 of his 34 the second half of a 90-82 win at Buffalo. The Cougars also beat Fresno Pacific this past week.
17. Purdue (13-1) *18 – E’Twaun Moore had 31 points and canned seven trifectas in a win against Northwestern and also had 21 in a road victory at Michigan.
18. Illinois (12-3) *20 – The Illini won by 10 at Iowa and then beat Wisconsin at home on Sunday.
19. Michigan State (9-4) *21 – Durrell Summers had 19 points as the Spartans knocked off Minnesota, 71-62, in East Lansing.
20. Kansas State (11-3) *19 – With Jake Pullen and Curtis Kelly still suspended, it was Jamar Samuels (26 points) and Wally Judge (22 points) who stepped up in a rout against North Florida.
21. Temple (9-3) *22 – The Owls got 22 points and nine boards from Lavoy Allen, but it wasn’t enough as Fran Dunphy’s team lost, 78-74, at Villanova.
22. Minnesota (11-3) *11 – The Gophers drew a brutal schedule to begin Big Ten play and came away empty this past week in road games against Wisconsin and Michigan State.
23. Washington (10-3) *NR – The Huskies get back into the Top 25 after a sweep in Los Angeles over USC and UCLA. Matthew Bryan-Amaning had two big games.
24. Wisconsin (11-3) *25 – The Badgers started the week with a home win against Minnesota and then lost in Champaign against Illinois.
25. UNLV (11-2) *NR – The Running Rebels return to the poll after a win over Central Michigan. Lon Kruger’s team has wins over Kansas State and Wisconsin this season.
Dropped Out: No. 23 Wichita State (11-2); No. 24 Tennessee (9-4)